Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

I have uk valid uk provisional license(DVLA) but my UK visa

I have uk valid uk provisional license(DVLA) but my UK visa is expired and my case is in appeal with ukbs.My question is can I still apply for full license and DVLA have nothing to do with m6 visa?
You must be 'normally resident', which means you must have valid leave to remain. You will not be considered 'normally resident' if you are awaiting the results of a decision, so you should not apply for your licence until you have received approval.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually I know someone who received his license when his passport was with UKBA so thats why im asking is DVLA and UKBA are linked?

Either his visa was still valid at the time of applying for his licence or he simply applied and got away with it. Not having the passport is not of particular concern and an application can be made without including a passport.

The fact of the matter is that you are not supposed to apply in your specific situation - visa refused and an appeal in progress. Whether you could apply and get away with it is another matter but an application should not be accepted.

There is not an institutional link between DVLA and UKBA.

Let me know if this has answered your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I can still apply and get license but it is risk?

My advice would be that you do not apply as the guidance clearly states you should not. I would expect your application to not be accepted. I do not expect there to be any penalty for applying and being rejected though - the worst case would probably be that the application would be returned as invalid.

This guide should be of interest: