UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi, I want to ask what is the form that I have to use to apply

hi, I want to ask what is the form that I have to use to apply for indefinite keave to remain (permanent residency) as I am about to finish my two years in Uk, I have entered UK under spouse visa, my husband took the naturalisation after 4 years work permit visa category.

UK_Lawyer :

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

UK_Lawyer :

Did you arrive to the uk as the dependent of a work permit holder?

Customer:

what is written on my visa is (spouse visa of M El-heis (the name of my husband)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, what I meant was when you entered the uk was your husband a British national or on a work permit?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he was a british national already

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he was a british national already

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to apply using form Set m, the fact that you were given indefinite leave to remain as a spouse of a British citizen means that you would need to use the set m form , I know that the form is confusion but the fact is this is the only form applicable to you, the settlement application forms can be found at the following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/

The one that is most applicable to your situation is set m please see the following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards