Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

I have tried unsuccessfully on three occasions to get a Visitor

I have tried unsuccessfully on three occasions to get a Visitor Visa for my Filipina fiance. The UK Border Agency consider that there is too great risk of her becoming an economic migrant. At the moment she has not passed the relevant language examination so I cannot apply for a Spouse Visa for her.

If I married her in the Philippines would it significantly increase the chances of getting her a Visitor Visa? She could then take the language examination while she is in the UK.
The key to this type of visa when there is a relationship is establishing that the individual will return home after the visit. This is usually done by demonstrating commitments in the applicant's home country. This could be family ties, financial commitments, employment (employer confirms holiday and that return to work is expected), etc. If there is nothing tangible to show that the applicant will return home then the chances of refusal are very strong. This is especially true where the applicant will be visiting a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Marriage would not increase the chances of a visitor visa.

If you are able to demonstrate commitments that could persuade an ECO that she is likely to return home then the chances of approval would be increased, but certainly not guaranteed.
Hi David,

If you were satisfied with the information that I supplied then please pop a reply back to say that your question was answered and I can then close the thread.