Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Setting up business or employment visa route or other route The

Setting up business or employment visa route or other route
The applicant is a Canadian national and currently in
Canada.
She is a Canadian Lawyer and run her law practice in Canada.
In addition to that, she is a solicitor in England and Wales so has the right to practice law in the UK: she had taken law exams in the UK 2009 and become a solicitor in the UK.
She would like come to the UK and set up Law practice and work.
1.What employment visa routes she has as options?
2.What business visa routes she has as options?
3.What other possible options can she have?
Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
Temporary entry can be permitted for a lawyer providing advocacy but in terms of establishing a permanent business in the UK the options can be limited.

Is she a majority shareholder in the Canadian law practice? If not then a Sole Representative visa might be suitable for establishing a UK branch of an overseas business

Is she looking to simply practice on her own or is she looking to build a business in the UK?

Were any of her grandparents British Citizens?

What level of funds would she have available to start her business?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your swift reply.

She is a majority of the shareholder of her current business. But she has done substantial amount of legal work for an Law Firm for the last 2 years. This law firm may be interested her to represent their company in the UK.

Both works for her: she is open for the both options.

NO. None of the grandparent is British citizen. She has 25k to start her business

She has 25k to start her business.

Thank you

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
It might be possible for her to be a Sole Representative for an overseas company in which she is not a majority shareholder. This would be for the purpose of establishing a UK branch of the overseas business.

The only other option based on the information given would be sponsorship by a UK firm with her as an employee.
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.