Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

i applied for a leave to remain application as a tier 4 student

i applied for a leave to remain application as a tier 4 student my visa application is in process for more than 1year and 6months .now i withdraw my application and my passport and alldocuments they sent it to ukba hounslow office and i need to travel urgently ialready book the ticket.i contact the hounslow ukba office several time the said they will cal me back problem is that i have to travel urgently
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
The usual process is to request return of documents using this form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/document-return.doc

You then email that completed word document toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

If they have sent everything to the reporting centre then their number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN5033 and their address isXXXXX Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 5DL. You might try calling or visiting assuming that this is where they have sent everything.

You might already have the above information but it is worth posting it to make sure.

I would keep calling and possibly simply turn up at their office if they have said everything is already there (I have known a person visit and persistence achieve results in the past).

Let me know if that answers your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i alredy did all these things i want to travel urgently i booked the ticket for 17nth

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
When did you make the written request for return of documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1st of may

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
They usually allow 5 weeks and so you should just about be ok. Have you tried visiting their office with photo ID, explaining the urgency and requesting that they locate your documents?
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i try to make an appointment with the airticket

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
I would just try to turn up in the morning. Take the ticket and also take any identification you have, although they should be able to identify you based on the passport that they have. Also keep calling. Very often persistence is the key.

Many years ago a Client turned up at an office where the Home Office assessed HSMP applications - this was an office that had no facilities to meet the public - my Client somehow managed to get hold of the caseworker, get the decision and get everything handed over!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are they handed over my passport to me or handed over at airport.

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
You have asked to withdraw your application and so you should be able to collect your documents and passport on the day. If they will expect you to collect your passport at the airport then they will let you know, hence it is a good idea to take your travel confirmation with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if there is any delay in that can i get travel document from my embassy

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
You probably can but it could then become difficult to get your documents back and you might need to request that they allow you to arrange courier collection. There would be a possibility that the passport would be sent to the Embassy in such a situation. If you can keep calling and also turn up in the morning and be persistent then there is an excellent chance that someone will be willing to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i am going back to my country can i pply for the dependant visa my wife is on psw visa what documents i need to apply for the dependant visa how much bank balance she has to show in her account for 90 days

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
This looks like it might be a different question. How long does your wife have left on her PSW?

I would be inclined to ensure no less than £600 available funds were available at all times during a period of at least 3 months, such period ending within 28 days of the date on which the application is submitted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ya its a difrent question that i am going back and get married she is here in uk for 26 months and her current psw visa will expire on 8/2014 .thats why i am planning to go urgently without any delays so that i can apply from my country if i am overstayed here its very difficult for me to apply

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely right - you should do everything you can to avoid overstaying. Don't forget that you are not overstaying if you have an application pending decision that was submitted before expiry of your previous visa.

1.5 years is a very long time for a student visa application - the course would often have finished by the time you have permission to take it!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
You are doing exactly the right things. Once you are here as a dependant your wife should try to obtain sponsorship by a UK employer as quickly as possible (I expect she is already looking into this). As she is on PSW it can be relatively easy for the employer to sponsor her. Just make sure that the Maintenance requirement is covered (£900 at all times for the main applicant and £600 for each dependant at all times for a minimum 3-month period) as some employers do not sponsor the Maintenance requirement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What documents I need to apply for the dependant visa to uk my wife she is in psw and I am applying from outside uk

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Could you ask me that as a new question as it seems to me that it is different from the initial question and quite a bit of advice would be required.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ya I am going back to my country to get marry .my wife she is psw visa what documents I need to submit for the dependant visa I know about the bank statements what else I need to apply

Expert:  Howard replied 2 years ago.
I meant that you should post a new question - the question you asked in this thread has been dealt with and you are now asking a new question, so it should be posted as a new thread. Once you do that I will be happy to provide you with full guidance for that application. If you want me to answer your question then you can start the subject of your question with 'FAO UKVisas'.