Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

Hi. I am currently under conditional discharge for 12 months

Customer Question

Hi. I am currently under conditional discharge for 12 months for two petty thefts in UK. I need to now apply for my visa extension from inside UK as a dependent. I would like to know If I can get my visa extended without any issues.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
You will probably be ok. This would be of far greater importance when it comes to ILR and Citizenship. Presumably you have no choice other than to apply for your visa anyway at this time and cannot wait until the 12-month period has passed.

The worst case scenario might be refusal but likely approval on appeal. There is a high probability that you will be approved though, as a conditional discharge is quite lenient.

It is vital that you disclose the information on the form - non-disclosure can be a basis for refusal even if what is not disclosed would not have resulted in refusal.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Do you have further questions or has your query been fully answered? Let me know!