Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Currently I am ICT Tier 2 dependent visa valid till June 2014.

Currently I am ICT Tier 2 dependent visa valid till June 2014. I am planning to take undefended divorce with my wife. After divorce how long can I stay in UK on dependent visa?

UKVisas :

The dependant visa is granted based on your wife's visa status and your relationship with her. If either of these change (in this case the relationship ends) then technically you should leave within the usual 28 days.

UKVisas :

In your situation I would tend to advise getting the other visa organised as soon as possible, although I presume you want to leave it as long as possible to maximise your working time in the UK.

Customer:

other option for me is ICT short term which I can apply from India

Customer:

as my last ICT short term got expired on 14th April 2012 I got it confirmed from one of our adviser that I can now again apply for ICT short term as my salary is less than 40k

UKVisas :

Correct. If you could get a higher salary then Long Term would obviously be better for you. If this is not possible and Tier 2 General sponsorship is not available anywhere else then Short Term would be your only option.

Customer:

alright thnx

UKVisas :

I would strongly recommend that you ensure you leave the UK before your current visa expires and immediately apply for the Short Term ICT.

UKVisas :

Good luck with the application and feel free to get in touch if you have other questions.

Customer:

but I hope as my previous short term was expired in April 2012 and I was in UK after that on dependent, applying again for short term is valid

Customer:

and to make it clear, I was on ICT tier 2 Dependent Visa

Customer:

Tier 2 Long term dependent

UKVisas :

Don't worry - you can apply for another Short Term ICT as 12 months have passed from the expiry date of your previous Short Term ICT - clearly stated in the rules. Being on a dependant visa in that time should not matter - the rules cover two scenarios - 12 months after expiry of the previous Short Term ICT OR 12 months outside the UK, whichever is sooner. In your case it is the first of these two scenarios that you satisfy.

UKVisas :

It is an understandable situation and within the rules.

Customer:

thanks a lot for confirmation....it helps me a lot to satisfy all my queries

Customer:

cheers!