UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I have applied to renew my Tier 2 ICT (Long term) visa. The

I have applied to renew my Tier 2 ICT (Long term) visa. The application was made 3 weeks back and since I did not have a Biometric card, I was asked to go to the Post Office to provide all biometric data. This happened a week back. I am very keen to know how long does it take to get my passport with the renewed visa back?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Just to clarify the home office have already acknowledge receipt of you application and have sent you a biometric form?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
UK Lawyer

You are correct. I got the acknowledgement from home office and then they sent me the biometric form. All biometric data was provided in the postoffice the same day. And this was almost 10 days back.
Thank you for your reply.

What you must firstly understand is that the issuing of a letter for the biometrics if not a confirmation that your application is on the verge of being processed. This is an automatic letter which is issued by the home office to every applicant that applies.

In my experience there have been cases where the biometric letter was sent within one week but the application took six months to decide. So in you case although the biometrics letter has been issued, your application may not have been processed yet.

Unfortunatley I am unable to give you an exact time in which you can expect a reply to your application, the fact is that it all depends on the checks the home office needs to undertake or how busy the home office is when an application is submitted. I do know they are currently short of staff and are trying to send out decisions within 3 - 6 months of you posting your application.

If you application exceeds the 6 months you can contact them on 08706067766 to obtain an up date. Unless your application has not been submitted for 6 months the home office will not provide you with an update, therefore do wait until 6 months from the date of application to contact the home office asking for an update.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If you feel that my answer does not cover all the points please DO NOT rate my answer negatively and I will be happy to answer any further questions.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
UK Lawyer.

Thank you. If I have to travel out of the country under critical circumstances, will the home office give me the passport for that duration?

Also, Is there a possibility to pull out the application and file under "priority" rules?

I suppose these are my last queries.

Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.

1. In respect of you traveling outside of the UK the home office will give you your passport back but because you will not have any visa endorsed on the passport you will have problems coming back to the UK.

You may wish to ask the home office to escalate the application due to the circumstances.

2. You should the let the application be decided as it is, the more you tweak it or withdraw and then reapply the more questions the home office may raise. In addition if you withdraw and you do not current hold a valid visa you will be come an overstayer and any subsequent application will be refused.

Kind regards