Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

goodeveningI got married november 2012 last year legally

goodevening

I got married november 2012 last year legally in uk While I was illegal.
I have had HPDL application in 2009 , and MP got a letter today from HOME OFFICE , says that I have no right to stay in UK, need to leave voluntarily or be forced.

I was waiiting for answer BUT They even say I dont have ANY Application

What to do ? i dont know

PLEASE
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

What nationality are you?

What nationality is your partner?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I am Turkish and He is British , not working disabled. We dont have good income, I just do internet business and selling Avon staff.

Married till Nov 2012 in registry office , Going to sign every 2 mmonths and got letter from MP says I have no grounds to stay here.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I'm not at home to answer now.

Would you like to wait until tomorrow morning (9am) or would you like me to opt out so that others are free to answer your question?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Better if you opt me out please , I want get answer as soon as possible .Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What is the nationality of the person that you married please?

Where are they please?

What do you mean by "HPDL application" please?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He is Turkish and British

we are both in uk , Living together since 2006.

My family didint want me to stay with him , And I did saty and marry him, Now my family treating me to kill cos did and still staying with him, I applied for Human Protection, cos scary to go back my country.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

If you have instructed solicitors then the best advice I can give is listen to what they are saying. They will know the facts of your case and can therefore offer the best specific advice.

The general position is that if you were illegal in this country then the UKBA would be able to attempt to deport you until you have obtained Leave To Remain.

You state that you have applied under “humanitarian protection”, so I assume you have done this either by applying on discretionary grounds for humanitarian reasons or that you have applied for asylum. Either way, if you have not been successful with this application then you have not obtained leave to remain and the UKBA would still be able to attempt to deport.

You have said that you have married in November 2012. This means that they are quite a bit less likely to be able to deport you provided that you are able to prove that your marriage is genuine. If your spouses is in receipt of a disability-related benefit then you will be exempt from having to comply with the financial requirements of a spouse visa, so this is good news.

However, they fact that you have only recently married will make the UKBA suspicious (unless you were in a relationship for a substantial time before marriage) that this is a marriage of convenience. I assume that this is the reason that your solicitors have said it would be better to wait before applying for a spouse visa, so that you can build up documentary evidence of the credibility of your marriage.

You should speak with your solicitors about how long they consider you must be married with your wife in order to convince the UKBA of your marriage’s credibility. If you only knew each other for a couple of months before you married then I would say that you should wait another few months at least.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.