Alex Hughes
Alex Hughes, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
30932268

I wanted to apply for Tier-1 general extension. I wanted

Customer Question

I wanted to apply for Tier-1 general extension.

I wanted to use dividend vocuhers to claim points , can i use them instead of paylsips .

I have the accountants letter, profit and loass statment , company tax returns.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Can you explain this in a little more detail please?
Are you currently self employed?
How much dividend are you expecting to receive?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I run my own limited company.

I receive 3k of dividend every month .

I take some money as director salary.

My concern is i transfer the money using reference transfer rather than the name dividend.
Is that a problem.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You can use dividend vouchers to claim points. Dividend vouchers must show the amount of money paid by the company to you, normally from its profits. They should confirm both the gross and net dividend paid. You will need to provide a separate dividend voucher or payment advice slip for each dividend payment, to cover the whole period claimed.

If dividend is not paid in your name or paid using a reference transfer then the company would need to issue you with a letter confirming the transactions and confirming that the payment has been paid to you. Your bank statement would need to show the amount being deposited.

If are being paid with a combination of salary and dividends, and both payments appear on your payslip, then you could provide:

• personal bank statements for the full 12- month earnings period
and either:

• payslips for the full 12-month earnings period; or

• a letter from employer

If both do not appear on the payslip then

• dividend vouchers for each dividend payment claimed, showing both the gross and the net dividend.

The home office will take in to account income in respect of dividends paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/ her remuneration package.

For example: An applicant has been paid for his/her salaried employment by means of a salary and a dividend. If the gross and net dividend payments are included on the applicant’s payslip, and can be supported by details of the net dividend payment on the applicant’s bank statements, the applicant could submit bank statements and payslips as supporting evidence for both the salary and the dividend claimed.

However, if the dividend details are not included on the payslips, the applicant must also send separate dividend vouchers to support the dividend payments and cross-reference these with the bank statements he/she provides.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no payslips in my case , i wanted use only dividends from my company profits. Please give me a list of documents i need to submit.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for reply.

You will need to submit a letter from the company confirming how much salary you take as a director and also the fact that you receive dividend from the company in the sum of 3,000 pounds. As long as you explain the structure in respect of payment to the Home office it would not be an issue.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a checklist that helps me .
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Please see page 26 of the following link which provides what documents you must send in respect salary:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/t1-general-form.pdf

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam not satisfied
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly inform me what else you require?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a clear checklist for a limited company dorector who wants to use only dividends and no payslips.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a further list, I have already given you the most comprehensive list and guidance issued by the the home office.

I will opt out now maybe other expert can assist you.

Kind regards
Expert:  Alex Hughes replied 1 year ago.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Do you still require assistance?

Please specify exactly what you would like to know.

Thanks.