UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

hi, i have a younger sister whose kid was born in the uk with

hi, i have a younger sister whose kid was born in the uk with an immigration visa and she returned to her home country with the child before the visa expired. though she has parents living in the uk and was made to visit the family's gp where she was giving an NHF number that enabled her to access the medical facilities before the child was born. but shes is worried if that will affect her's and the child future visa applications. and what would be required of them from the embassy if they were to apply for visas?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What visa applications are they planning on making?

In respect of the NHF number did the NHS ask for any details when your sister was pregnant?

What visa was she on when she gave birth to the child?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1)they are planning on taking a visiting visa to see her parent.
2)they did not ask any question at all.
3)visiting visa.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In respect of returning to the UK there is no a requirement for the applicant not to have more than £1000.00 worth of unpaid bills from the NHS. If in her case she was not issued with an invoice from the home office and she had disclosed the fact that she was on a visit visa and had the child in the UK then this would not effect any future applications she makes.

It only would be come an issued if the NHF number which was given by the doctor was given under the understanding that she was not here in the UK as a visitor. If the NHS have not issued her with any invoice then I do not see there to be any problem in her returning to the UK.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, but. There were questioned asked at the office where. The birth certificates was issued as to whether she has a right of abode but she said yes to the question without realising the essence. But the certificate was issued anyways. And regarding the boy's case wht are he's chances of getting he's full citicenship since he does not have bith registration anywhere else other than the uk. How do we process this?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

1. She stated yes when asked if she had a right to abode, this is incorrect, she should have stated no because she was only visiting the UK and does not have a right to abode in the UK.

2. The fact that the child was born in the UK does not mean that he is able to be issued with a British passport. Individuals born in the UK do not get automatic right of residency and therefore it would not make a difference whether he was born in the UK.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So how can one correct this to forestall any eventuality.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

There is not much that can be done, if the child has a birth certificate issued in the UK then that would not concern the home office as long as she does not have any outstanding bills from the NHS. As long as she didn't breach the immigration rules during her visit then she would not have a problem returning to the UK.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven said she has a right of abode could mean a breach. Of immigration rules. Or what do u say? And the aquisition o f NHf no to
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If she didn't mention regarding right to abode to the home office then it would not be an issue.

In respect of the nhs if she was forthcoming in respect of her visa type then it is their fault for not issuing her with an invoice .

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.