Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.

Hi my fiance has applied for a UK marriage visa, We are just

Customer Question

my fiance has applied for a UK marriage visa, We are just filling in the financial requirement for the application. I have two daughters, one born in the Uk who lives with me and one born in Manila with my new partner. Is there a financial requirement to account for the fact that I have two daughters to support? They are obviously both British citizens. The form is a bit misleading as it says the following:'The financial requirement that you must meet will vary according to the number of child dependents under the age of 18 being sponsored for entry (not applicable to us we are not sponsoring any children both children are British) to the UK as part of this application, and taking into account of any child dependents under 18 your sponsor (me) is already financially responsible for in the UK'- that's the bit I'm confused about. I am financally responsible for my two daughters.
Any thoughts
Thanks in advance
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

What is your yearly income?

Do you have any savings?

Does your partner have any income or savings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alex
I earn enough I earn £29000 per annum excluding property that I rent out. I satisfy the visa requirements. She earns nothing as do most people in the Philippines. I am very aware of the visa requirements having prepared for it for over one year. We are at the stage where by she is going to an appointment in six hours time. We have submitted the application and have one form to submit tomorrow which is the financial requirement form. I am just slightly unclear about whether I need to be earning the higher amount on account that I have two kids to take care of even though they are both British citizens and are not being sponsored because they are British. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jamie

On the basis that you are only sponsoring your partner you only need to meet the £18,600 requirement.

In any event, even if the children are factored in, you are well within the guidelines with your £29,000 salary.

It seems to me that you meet the Financial Requirement fairly and squarely.