Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Both my 19 year old son and I have UK Ancestral Visas in our

Both my 19 year old son and I have UK Ancestral Visas in our passports exp Sept 2016. I have been accepted to do a Master's at Bath University and my son is going to Bath College. Do we need to also have Tier 4 Study Visa's?

Will you continue to work during your studies?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom, we are both hoping to work part time while we are there depending on our study loads.

Hi

An ancestral visa is for working in the uk?.are you working at the moment?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not in the UK yet so no.

Thanks for your patience.

An ancestry visa is a visa for persons who qualify to come to the UK to work. It is a requirement that you work in order to qualify for settlement (ie. Indefinite Leave to Remain) at the end of it.

The primary reason for coming to the UK should be to work.

Were you to come to the UK solely to study I would say that you have applied for the wrong visa and should have instead applied for a Tier 4 visa.

My view is that it is essential that you also work whilst you study. You need to demonstrate that at least some of the reason for coming 9 was to come here to work and so part time jobs are absolutely essential.

Provided you do work you should be okay.

If you cease working then it may cause problems for you when you come to apply for ILR at the end of it.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom