INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi, my friend from China would like to settle in the UK under

Hi, my friend from China would like to settle in the UK under Tier 1 (investor). He has a saving of £1m in his bank account (with a bank in Hong Kong) for more than 3 months now. I understand from the Home Office website if the money is saved in the bank for less than 3 months, the proposer would have to provide the source of income. I am wondering in my friends case, where he has the money saved in the bank for more than 3 months, does he need to provide the source of income too?

Thank you.

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Hi, he may be asked to provide evidence of the source of funds and therefore it would be advised that this information be made available if requested.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Many thanks,