How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11819
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my friend from China would like to settle in the UK under

This answer was rated:

Hi, my friend from China would like to settle in the UK under Tier 1 (investor). He has a saving of £1m in his bank account (with a bank in Hong Kong) for more than 3 months now. I understand from the Home Office website if the money is saved in the bank for less than 3 months, the proposer would have to provide the source of income. I am wondering in my friends case, where he has the money saved in the bank for more than 3 months, does he need to provide the source of income too?

Thank you.


Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.


Hi, he may be asked to provide evidence of the source of funds and therefore it would be advised that this information be made available if requested.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Many thanks,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions