UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

If someone is refused to enter the UK shall this rejection

If someone is refused to enter the UK shall this rejection be in writing with detailed reasoning? What law/regulation/rules provide details/instruction about the crossing border procedure with rights and obligations of individual and border control officer?

UK_Lawyer :

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

UK_Lawyer :

Would the person in question be a visa holder or a non visa holder?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is a family: the father and the sun. Father is non UK citizen (visa state), the sun is holder of one of Commonwealth state passport (non visa)

Thank you for your reply.

The immigration officer will provide a written reason for the refusal of the visa, depending on the reason for refusal. The immigration officer will also detail the write of appeal if any.

Refusal to an individual is usually given under paragraph 320 of the immigration rules, this is what is called the general grounds of refusal. The general grounds of refusal can be found at the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part9/

The following document also provides rules in respect of appeals, as you will note there is no full rights of appeal for general visitor, only family visitors are given a right of appeal as of 9th July 2013, please see page 25 onwards:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/visiting/general-visitor.pdf?view=Binary

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards

Kind regards
kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards