How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father is not UK citizen. The Child (infant) is a citizen of

This answer was rated:

Father is not UK citizen. The Child (infant) is a citizen of one of Commonwealth state.
Both are entering UK. Are there any restrictions that father shall be aware of in order to enter the UK?

For example how father shall prove that the baby he is accompanying is his child (if he should be able to prove)? What document shall father and child have at the border control in addition to passport?

What passport does each have please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Father - Russian
Sun - Saint Kitts and Nevis


What is the purpose of their enter to the UK? Visit, to settle/work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thanks for your patience.

If the father is a Russian citizen then they will require a visa to enter the UK in the same way that all Russian citizens do. The fact that he has a commonwealth daughter does not make a difference.

The child as a national of St Kitts would not need a visa as a visa waiver program is operated. You can check here:-

However, the Russian father would have to state that they are travelling with the child and where only one parent is travelling the UKBA still require evidence from the other parent that they consent to the travel.

This means that the other parent should go to a local solicitor to execute a sworn statement with evidence of their identity confirmed their consent to the travel, as well as stating a telephone number on which they can be contacted if the UKBA have any queries on the day of travel.

You can apply for general visitor’s visas here:-

Sorry I could not have better news for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for reply!


are there any recommended wording of consent of the parent for travelling? where for example I can find recommendation to include phone number of the parent in consent?


It's really simply a straight forward confirmation that the parent is the other parent, reference to the passport, reference to the child's birth certificate/passport, then explanation that the other parent is travelling with the child and that they consent to this.

I simply include a confirmation of the telephone number simply to ensure taht the UKBA can be 100% confident of being able to contact the parent on the day.

Please rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I can see on the web, Appendix 1 - Visa requirements for the United Kingdom is part of Immigration Rules last updated in April 2013.

Is it possible to find Immigration Rules as one document ?


who adopted such Rules? Head of UKBA or somebody else? Where official publication may be found?


The immigration rules are law passed by government.

A complete list of the immigration rules can be found on the link on the following website:-

Thanks for rating my answer.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to find one consolidated document with all annexes but not in the form as presented here ?


I don't think so, I'm afraid.

I would wary of getting one elsewhere than from the UKBA website too, because they do tend to be updated quite frequently.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to find on the UKBA website when last version of Annex 1 was adopted? on what particular date and who adopt it?

I don't think so, not off the top of my head.

It's not really relevant to you making a general visitor's visa applciation anyway, if you following the guidance on the form and guidance notes then you will be fine.

Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions