UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I need to apply for UK spouse visa for my wife, we shall be

I need to apply for UK spouse visa for my wife, we shall be getting married this month.
Summary of my case:
I am a UK citizen currently working and living in Libya, my wife is in Nigeria currently living there and just completed her university education. We are looking to move in together in Libya, but I want her to be able to travel to the UK with me when I get vacation from work to go back to my point of origin which is UK.
I will like to know my options, in terms of the kind of visa to apply for without wasting time and money since I am not ready to relocate back to the UK permanently at the moment, also my wife will stay more with me in Libya rather than the UK.
Please provide me with the best solution or the way forward.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

In your case there is essentially only one visa which she can apply for which is a visit visa whenever she wishes to travel to the UK with you. Please see the following link for how to apply :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/apply/

What you mentioned in respect of applying for a spouse visa would not be applicable in your case because you would not be settled or about to settle in the uk at the time of application. The requirements for a spouse visa are as follows :

You must show that:

you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;

your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;

you and your partner have met in person;

your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting;
if you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;

you meet the suitability requirements;

any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);

you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
you meet the financial requirement;

you meet the English language requirement; and

if you are in the UK and want to extend your leave or apply for settlement in the UK you will need to meet the suitability requirement

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/

I would therefore suggest that you should apply for a visit visa every time your wife wishes to visit the uk. The home office will not grant a spouse visa to applicants whose british spouses are not settled in the uk or are coming to settle in the uk at the time of submitting the spouse visa application.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards