INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a US citizen. From 1983 to 1986 I worked in the UK on

I am a US citizen. From 1983 to 1986 I worked in the UK on a valid visa. Three months before I was due to return to the US I was charged with a DUI based on a positive breath analyzer result from a traffic stop. My solicitor argued in Court that I was an up standing businessman and that the incident was only a moving violation in which there was no accident and no harm done. No fine was levied because of my imminent departure from the UK and my solicitor advised me not to drive for my remaining stay in the UK. I have not returned to the UK since then but travel internationally often for business with no issues. I have a business trip planned for the UK in June (10 days in duration) and want to know if this earlier legal issue from 1986, will impede my entry into the UK?

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, what sentence was passed? Can you also confirm the year.

INC :

Many thanks,

Customer:

My solicitor entered a plea of guilty but asked the court for leniency in lieu of my imminent departure from the UK and my business status at that time. I was a valid work visa. I only paid solicitor fees and I did not receive a fine from the court. 1986. My solicitor advised me not to drive until my departure from the UK.

INC :

Hi, based on your information, I can only assume that you were not convicted. If this is the case, it should make no difference to your application for a Visa or your entry into the UK.

INC :

If you are overly worried, I would suggest obtaining entry clearance before your departure to theUK.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to aask further questions.

INC :

Kind regards,

Customer:

How would I obtain entry clearance prior to my UK trip?

INC :

Hi, ifit is a business trip, you will need to apply for a business visitors visa at the nearest UK Embassy.

INC :

I hope that this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Many thanks,