How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I need to ask about something so important, I live

This answer was rated:


I need to ask about something so important, I live in netherlands in asylum, and my girl is living and working in london, we want to marry and i want to go to london..
What's the steps to do and how much it takes time?

Thank you

Thank you for your question. Are you saying you have been granted asylum in the Netherlands? How long have you been there? What nationality are you ? What nationality is your girlfriend? On what basis is she in the UK?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No im in asylum but im still waiting my decision. Im Lebanese and my girlfriend is spanish and working in the UK.

If you marry then as the spouse of an EU citizen you will be entitled to come and live with her in the UK. If you want to com before you are married then you will have to prove an established and continuing relationship which is more difficult.

If you get married then you will need to apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK. You must obtain this before you come. You can find out how to apply here:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

And she can come to netherlands and we marry then she do the application?

Once you are married , you make the application - you will find out how to apply here:
It is free to apply.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions