Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hello, I need to ask about something so important, I live

I need to ask about something so important, I live in netherlands in asylum, and my girl is living and working in london, we want to marry and i want to go to london..
What's the steps to do and how much it takes time?

Thank you

Thank you for your question. Are you saying you have been granted asylum in the Netherlands? How long have you been there? What nationality are you ? What nationality is your girlfriend? On what basis is she in the UK?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No im in asylum but im still waiting my decision. Im Lebanese and my girlfriend is spanish and working in the UK.

If you marry then as the spouse of an EU citizen you will be entitled to come and live with her in the UK. If you want to com before you are married then you will have to prove an established and continuing relationship which is more difficult.

If you get married then you will need to apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK. You must obtain this before you come. You can find out how to apply here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/eea-family-permit/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And she can come to netherlands and we marry then she do the application?

Once you are married , you make the application - you will find out how to apply here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/eea-family-permit/applying/
It is free to apply.