INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi, I was born in UK before 1983 and my parents were holding

Customer Question

Hi, I was born in UK before 1983 and my parents were holding diplomatic passport but they were not part of any of staff of foreign mission ... father was a minister in government work in our country just visit mother& mother was study in u.k for 3 years with full time training in hospital & here visa says student and she holding it because she is his wife.. do I have right to get uk passport?
thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I get answer before Monday it is ok

thank u

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting for the right professional to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi...how long time it will be take?

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Response times vary due to the question and which professionals are online at any time. Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

ok continue searching

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately at your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u can not found Immigration Law expert?

If you were born in the UK before 1 January 1983

If you were born in the UK before 1 January 1983, you are almost certainly a British citizen. The only exception is if you were born to certain diplomatic staff of foreign missions who had diplomatic immunity

this is from www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk my problem is my mother was holding diplomatic passport but she was a student visa & she was no part of any diplomatic staff of foreign mission she was in uk for her own privet business training in hospital of diploma in child health alone & she holding diplomatic passport only because her husband ( father) was a minster of treasury working in our home .. is it work

or I am in exception?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

Your question is open to all UK immigration experts. If one believes that he can give you a satisfactory answer, he will reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to add ,, what documents of my parents I need?

the uk embassy here asked for a lot of document`s like there birth certificate !!! marriage certificate

do really I need this documents with me if I ask it from London ?

I don't found any thing like this in home office web site only my birth certificate & my passport 2 photos with signature of one who know me

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing yet?

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

We have exhausted our efforts to find you a professional, but at this time your question remains open to all legal professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to cancel the question.

Regards,

Wendy
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Do you still require assistance with your question?

Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

You would only be entitled to UK Nationality and subsequently a UK Passport, if at the time of your Birth, one of your parents was a UK National. Therefore, from the information you have provided above, it would seem that your parents were diplomats at the time of your birth and therefore, you would not be eligible to be naturalised as a UK Citizen and therefore would be unable to apply for a UK Passport.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI

thank u for answer ... but I am asking if they are not part of any diplomatic staff of foreign missions who had diplomatic immunity in uk

mother was a student & father visit her but just holding diplomatic passport for other reasons

is it make any different?

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it does not make a difference and the previous response still stands.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your patience

but in home office web sit they say If you were born in the UK before 1 January 1983, you are almost certainly a British citizen. The only exception is if you were born to certain diplomatic staff of foreign missions who had diplomatic immunity

& they were not

& in embassy told me it may take longer time than usual to check if they are or not .

even if they hold a diplomatic passport that dose not mean all are same !

is it fake hope?

sorry for naging

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

Can you refer me to the section where you have obtained this information as the UKBA website can be misleading.
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

I will have a look into this and get back to you over the weekend.

Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

I have just re-read your original question and was wondering whether you could provide me with the following information:

1. Month and Year of birth,
2. What permission in the UK did your parents have, I understand that they were in the UK as diplomats.
3. Did any of your parents obtain UK Nationality?
4. How long did you live in the UK?
5. Do you hold any other nationality?

Many thanks
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank u so much

any way if I still get hope or not

u were be so kind with me

sorry for late & u r the best

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.