UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

I was born in the UK in 1983 and lived there with my family

I was born in the UK in 1983 and lived there with my family for two years can I get the British citizenship?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Just to clarify:

What nationality were your parents at the time of birth?
Where have you been residing since?
Do you parents still hold British citizenship (if they had it at the time of birth?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are are Kuwaities and I lived in Kuwait ever since

Thank you for your reply.

So they had Kuwaiti nationality at your time of birth?
Did they have indefinite leave to remain in the UK at the time of your birth?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they were Kuwaities at time of my birth and they were staying in UK as PHD students

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatley, no you will not be eligible to apply for British citizenship. The act states that:

A child can only apply for British citizenship:

If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

As your parents were only on the UK on a temporary basis, and did not have either British citizenship or an indefinite leave to remain at the time of your birth you do not become eligible for British citizenship.

I am sorry if the advice give is not what you may have wanted but the British Nationality Act 1981 is very clear in respect of granting individuals citizenship.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards