Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

HI I am from Pakistan and currently living in Cyprus for 7

Customer Question

HI I am from Pakistan and currently living in Cyprus for 7 years and in 2011 i got married and my wife is from Latvia and I applied for a family permit visa for UK and today i got rejected. And the reason they put is marriage of convenience and applicat...
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you have applied for an EEA family permit as the spouse of of an EEA national. The definition of the spouse in the immigration regulation 2006 does not include a party to a marriage of convenience.You have provided no evidence to establish your cohabitation with your declared spouse. In the absence of any supplementary evidence to establish your cohabitation,or by the association the genuineness of your marriage.enetered into on 24,2011 whether on the balance of probabilities , you have contracted a genuine marriage and not one of convenience, cannot be accurately verified.Therefore,I am satisfied that you are party to a marriage of convenience and are therefore not the family member of an EEA national in accordance with regulation 7 of the immigration regulations 2006.I therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all the requirements of regulation 7 of the immigration regulation 2006

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

What evidence did you actually submit to prove your relationship was a genuine and credible one please?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i sent my original wedding certificate as nobody asked me any other evidence to prove our relationship

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

The problem is that you have only been married for a short period of time. This is why they are suspicious that the marriage may only be one of convenience.

Appeals from out of country take a very, very long time and frankly it would be a lot quicker for you to simply prepare a further application with the correct supporting documents.

You must show and submit documents which show that you have been married and living together and generally behaving as a normal couple would during the entirety of your relationship.

Evidence would be such things as the following:-
• Documentary evidence that you have lived together for a period of two years (eg. Tenancy agreements, statements, shared bills etc, other items:-
• Bank statements from both you and your partner going back 6 months showing the income/capital you have available
• Evidence of correspondence between you and your partner showing that the relationship is credible and genuine (eg. Emails, letters, evidence of previous trips, photos showing you together, phone records

They may be others based on what you have physically been doing during your time together. You should also execute statements confirming the chronology of the relationship and referring to the above evidence in it and attach them to the statements.

If you are able to do this then you should be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Kind regards,

Tom