Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

HI I am from Pakistan and currently living in Cyprus for 7

Customer Question

HI I am from Pakistan and currently living in Cyprus for 7 years and in 2011 i got married and my wife is from Latvia and I applied for a family permit visa for UK and today i got rejected. And the reason they put is marriage of convenience and applicat...
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you have applied for an EEA family permit as the spouse of of an EEA national. The definition of the spouse in the immigration regulation 2006 does not include a party to a marriage of convenience.You have provided no evidence to establish your cohabitation with your declared spouse. In the absence of any supplementary evidence to establish your cohabitation,or by the association the genuineness of your marriage.enetered into on 24,2011 whether on the balance of probabilities , you have contracted a genuine marriage and not one of convenience, cannot be accurately verified.Therefore,I am satisfied that you are party to a marriage of convenience and are therefore not the family member of an EEA national in accordance with regulation 7 of the immigration regulations 2006.I therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all the requirements of regulation 7 of the immigration regulation 2006

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What evidence did you actually submit to prove your relationship was a genuine and credible one please?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i sent my original wedding certificate as nobody asked me any other evidence to prove our relationship

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!