How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1929
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are Iranian and resident in UAE since 2005. We have our

Customer Question

We are Iranian and resident in UAE since 2005. We have our family company in Iran and Dubai.
I have 2 son and both their Visa are from our Jebel Ali Free Zone( JAFZA) Company. They are share holder of that company either.
One of my son who is working as a Marketing Manager of our Jafza Company wants to study Music course either in UK or USA. Recently, he decided to attend a short 6 months music course in London.
We applied twice for 6 months student visa from UK embassy in Dubai and both times, they have rejected.
Seems we are in wrong way to get his student Visa , because he is now employee in JAFA and his official sponsor is Jebel Ali Free Zone . One of the documents that we should submit to UK embassy is employee letter which says he will come to UK for vacation !
Apparently , UK embassy not accept to issue 6 months student visa for him.
By the way, in brief , please note that, my son already had at least 4 times UK 6 months tourist Visa and since 2004 in Cyprus & Dubai. He is 26 years old and travelled to many countries.
in brief , note that, he is very talented in music but by force of his father he went to Cyprus College & studied marketing course but he left that college after 2 years and not finished his course and came to Dubai.
Now we finally convinced him to study his desire course. I need your help and advise what we should do in this respect. In case you know any expert to help us, please let us know.
I am at your disposal for any further information. Thanks – Masoumeh Khalili – Dubai
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Is your son wishing to travel to US or UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

His first option was UK but as explained UK embassy in Dubai rejected to issue 6 months student visa for him as his resident visa is employee visa in UAE.


Now we think instead of 6 months student visa, it would be better to obtain student visa for him from USA and if possible transfer his passed credits from Cyprus College to one music university in LA. So he continue and finish his desire course. But don't know what to do and how much is the budget ?

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I will have to opt out and refer you to a US LAWYER

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience