Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

We are Iranian and resident in UAE since 2005. We have our

Customer Question

We are Iranian and resident in UAE since 2005. We have our family company in Iran and Dubai.
I have 2 son and both their Visa are from our Jebel Ali Free Zone( JAFZA) Company. They are share holder of that company either.
One of my son who is working as a Marketing Manager of our Jafza Company wants to study Music course either in UK or USA. Recently, he decided to attend a short 6 months music course in London.
We applied twice for 6 months student visa from UK embassy in Dubai and both times, they have rejected.
Seems we are in wrong way to get his student Visa , because he is now employee in JAFA and his official sponsor is Jebel Ali Free Zone . One of the documents that we should submit to UK embassy is employee letter which says he will come to UK for vacation !
Apparently , UK embassy not accept to issue 6 months student visa for him.
By the way, in brief , please note that, my son already had at least 4 times UK 6 months tourist Visa and since 2004 in Cyprus & Dubai. He is 26 years old and travelled to many countries.
in brief , note that, he is very talented in music but by force of his father he went to Cyprus College & studied marketing course but he left that college after 2 years and not finished his course and came to Dubai.
Now we finally convinced him to study his desire course. I need your help and advise what we should do in this respect. In case you know any expert to help us, please let us know.
I am at your disposal for any further information. Thanks – Masoumeh Khalili – Dubai
Email :XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex Hughes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXX XXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

Is your son wishing to travel to US or UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

His first option was UK but as explained UK embassy in Dubai rejected to issue 6 months student visa for him as his resident visa is employee visa in UAE.

Now we think instead of 6 months student visa, it would be better to obtain student visa for him from USA and if possible transfer his passed credits from Cyprus College to one music university in LA. So he continue and finish his desire course. But don't know what to do and how much is the budget ?

I will have to opt out and refer you to a US LAWYER