Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

any chance of getting schegen visa after been deported from

Customer Question

any chance of getting schegen visa after been deported from uk after 5yrs
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

What were the reasons for the deportation please?

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

theft

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Right.

What was your sentence please?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

12 month serve 6 month and i voluntarily go back to my country thru FRS

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

As I recall don’t think that the Schengen form actually asks about criminal convictions. However, they do carry out back ground checks and also the UK does share information with Schengen countries about convictions and deportations.

They will know about it when you apply because of these background checks.

IN the circumstance I would say that it is still worth applying but when you do so you should disclose the conviction/deportation because they will know anyway but also mitigate it by submitting the circumstances which explain why you felt it was necesssry to steal, how you have rehabilitated yourself and tender character references from persons of authority who know you and can confirm your good character.

It’s going to be difficult, I would still say that it’s more likely than not that you will be refused but, with the mitigation explained above, it’s still worth a try.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Kind regards,

Tom