Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Guidance on finding and filling right form for UK ILR

What visa are you presently on please?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tier 1 general
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

You will see from the following link that if you are on a Tier 1 general visa then you must apply using form SET(O):-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/general/settlement/

Please refer to the heading second from bottom on the above link and titled How can you apply for settlement?”

The form is available for download on the above site on the following link:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(o)/

Please see the top right hand side for a PDF of the form and also guidance on completing the form.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Need guidance on filling the application I am happy to pay bonus

Also I have arrived 3 months later after getting visa that's why renewed recently tier 1 for 2 more years

Can I go for ILR bit early

Please rate my answer.

When was your visa granted from and to?

When did you come to the UK?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Visa granted on 31st mar 2008
Arrived on July 15 2008

I'm afraid that there is no provision in respect of Tier 1 settlement applicants to discounty a delayed travel period at the beginning of their visa. There is a provision if you were here on a spouse visa but this is only up to 3 months, which means that you wouldn't qualify even if you were on a spouse visa.

I'm afraid that you would complete your 5 year residence period in July 2013 and if your visa expires before this time then you will have to apply for further leave to remain. If you applied for ILR instead then you would be asking the UKBA to exercise their discretion, which is a risk business indeed.

Please rate my answer now, I have answered your original question and more.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please provide your email for approaching
You as a solicitor for filing my application
In July this year few months before I have renewed my visa
I cannot accept instructions from customer I'm afraid. This is a general law advice forum only.

You should instruct a solicitor in the normal way.

Tom