UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Hello, I want to bring a pakistanian nanny from Pakistan to

Customer Question

I want to bring a pakistanian nanny from Pakistan to UK. She has an experience and educated in medicine. I am single mother with 1 child and ready to open my home business (baking of the cakes). So I need something like Au Pair - who can live in my home in separate bedroom, like a family member, I can pay some money.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

The 'domestic worker in a private household' category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when they visit the UK for up to 6 months. To come here as a domestic worker, you must be an established member of your employer's staff - you must have worked for your employer for at least a year before you apply for a visa.

Domestic workers include cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, those providing personal care for the employer or a member of the employer's family, and nannies. You must work in your employer's household in the UK.

You will be given permission to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner. The ukba will not extend your permission to stay past 6 months or past the time that your employer is in the UK.

You are not allowed to change employer while you are in the UK or change to a different type of employment.

You cannot bring your dependants with you but they may apply to come here in their own right, for example as visitors.

The requirements are as follows :

When you apply for a visa, you must have been working for at least 1 year immediately before your application:

as a domestic worker in the same house as your current employer; or
in a household that your current employer uses regularly, and there is evidence of a connection between you and the employer (see the Documents required page for more information).
You must intend to work full-time in the UK as a domestic worker for that employer in a household that your employer will live in.

You and your employer must have a written agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of your employment. It must say that that your employer will comply with UK law on the national minimum wage.

You must intend to travel to the UK with:

an employer who is a British or EEA citizen, usually lives outside the UK, and does not intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months; or
that employer's husband, wife, civil partner or child who is also a British or EEA citizen; or
the foreign national husband, wife, civil partner or child of an employer who is a British or EEA citizen and does not intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months; or
a foreign national employer (or their husband, wife, civil partner or child) who has a visa to come to the UK as a visitor.
You must also:

be aged between 18 and 65; and
intend to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner; and
not intend to work in the UK except as a domestic worker for that employer; and
be able to support yourself without the need for public funds.

If your domestic worker meets the above requirements then they can apply using the following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/othercategories/domesticworkers/apply-visa/

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about Au pair companies in UK? What about their low regarding visa process of working in UK?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Those companies usually use eea nationals who do not require permission to work in the uk. Non eea nationals would not be able to undertake work in the uk as an au pair, unless they met the above requirements.

I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards