UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello, Ive got a tier 1 visa and i worked legally as a contractor

I've got a tier 1 visa and i worked legally as a contractor in the uk in the last two years, but before my visa expires i had to travel back home to sort out some urgent family issues.
now my work permit has expired and i'm not allowed to enter the uk again.
I got a job offer in the newcastle and I would like to extend my tier 1 visa in order to work there again, could you please let me know whether i still can extended it?

Thanks,
Yassire
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Unfortunately, you are unable to extend your tier 1 visa from outside the UK. As you have left the UK you need to apply for a tier 2 migrant visa to return to the UK. What you need to do is ensure that the company has a sponsorship license and is able to sponsor migrants in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/outsideuk/

Once the company has obtained a sponsorship license from the ukba they them need to issue you with a certificate of sponsorship which you need to use to apply for your visa.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively. So I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards