Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am from Saudi Arabia, currently doing my Masters Degree in

I am from Saudi Arabia, currently doing my Masters Degree in London, UK since September 2012. I wanted to know how I would be able to obtain the English residency and passport for me and my family. I also did my Bachelors degree and lived here from Jan 2004 to December 2007 and kept visiting the country on average of twice per year.

what nationality is your wife please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm single, I meant my siblings and my parents.

Thanks for your patience.

If you do not have access to significant funds for investment (i. £200, 000.00), are not married/in a relationship with a UK national/foreign national or person with ILR then you would applying for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa

This means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-

You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-

If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the UKBA that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for.

There is lots of information on Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visas here:-

Good luck.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,