Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

RA-mn

Customer Question

What is the fee for form FS1??
I was born in Aberdeen Scotland and renounced UK citizenship in 1955 in order to become a US naturalized citizen.
I would like to get my British citizenship back. I have filled out form FS1, the referee sheet is complete and I have originals: 1. Birth Certificate, 2. US Naturalization, 3. US petition for Naturalization with renouncement, 4. US Passport.

My payment slip is complete. I need to know the exact amount needed for this application. Can you tell me what the cost is???
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I answered this question on your other question thread. I believe that you have made a spelling mistake in this question in putting "FS1" instead of "RS1). Please let me know if this is not the case.

You will see from the following Fees list:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/britishcitizenship/nationality-fees.pdf

Which is displayed on the following UKBA webpage (right hand corner):-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/cost/

That the fee for RS1 is £631. Please refer to the third fee row down on the second page of the first link above for confirmation.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found the fee of 631 pounds but it states that "this leaflet has NO legal authority as an interpretation of the British Nationality Act 1981 or the current Fees Regulations. It is merely as a guide"

I believe there have been fee changes as of March 2013 and I need the exact amount or my application will not be processed and I may lose some of the fee.

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

The fees change from April 2013, so you will be fine.

Please refer to the following further link:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/

You will see that the two fee lists (before and after April 2013) are available at the right hand side.

The upper most confirms the present fee (£631) and the lower fee list if your application is received after 1st April 2013 is confirmed as £753

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom