UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi, I want to apply for spouse visa and i am unclear about

hi, I want to apply for spouse visa and i am unclear about financial requirements. My (british) spouse earn 900 a month and i earn 1700 a month. The question is , do i fulfill the financial requirements. Secondly, she had received a loan installment from student loan compnay. would that be a problem. thirdly i was married to before but got anuulled sept 2012. would the time gap be a problem for me. and how can i cover it up. thanks
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What gap are you referring to in respect of the annulment of your marriage?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had spouse visa previosely , my previous marriage got annulled in sept 2012. my current marriage took place feb 2013. meanwhile i was on spouse visa (from previouse marriage). so, would the gap between anulment and new marriage affect the new spouse visa

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes , this would be sufficient if your leave to remain as a spouse was not curtailed by the ukba after your marriage was annulled, the only to find this will be either by writing to the ukba and asking them or when you apply for your new spouse visa. The fact is if your marriage was annulled then technically you should not have remained in the uk as the reason for your visa ie your subsisting relationship with your partner.

2. If your previous visa has not been curtailed and is still valid then the fact that your partner has a student loan it would not effect the application.

3. Unfortunately there is no way to bridge this gap, if the ukba has cancelled your visa then you have been an overstayer since your marriage broke down. All you can do is hope no one has alerted the ukba that your marriage has broken down and they do not see you as an overstayer.

I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe previous visa is not curtailed for two reasons.

1) I am using the same address for last 4 years and i havent received any letter from them after the anulment.

2) My employer wanted to get me work permit, for that reason he had to obtain the license first. In order to expedite the licensing process, he told my status to homeoffice that my marriage broke down and i needed to renew my visa. yet i didnt receive any curtailment letter from home office.

Please also clarify that we meet financial requirement or not.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

If your visa has not been curtailed then yes you will meet the financial requirements as both you and your partners income will considered.

Kind regards