Alex Hughes
Alex Hughes, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience

Hello! My name isXXXXXm from Russia. Long story short..

Hello! My name isXXXXX from Russia. Long story short.. I went to study to London in 2008 for 9 moth. Before my visa got expired I decided to extend it. First time I sent my application form and during those few of so days they've changed the form, so they sent it back to me, so I would fill the correct one. So I did, but then they sent it back to me, because I didn't pay in time (I didn't do it, because some guy was taking care of everything, so I thought he paid) The third time when I sent the form, I got failure and all my documents back, and they said that I'm not getting visa, because my old visa is already expired, and I was late. But the first time I was in time, but apparently they didn't count it as their fault! Plust I didn't got my passport back! My friends told me, they might just lost it, and that happenes, I'm not sure, but I believed. I wasn't sure what to do.. but time was running. I was studying in different cullege, and I wanted to stay. But after about half a year, I decided to leave the country, but because I didn't have any othr ID, it took me long to prove that me I am me! And I finally left in few munth later. I wasn't departed, or cought and dragged to the airport! I left by myself, because I decided so. After 2 years beying in Russia, I desided to visit friends in London, so I applied for visa. Thought 2 year would be enough after my overstaying. But it didn't. I didn't get it. But my overstaying wasn't the only reason I didn't get visa this time. It also said in the attached letter that I lied in my form about applying befor, that I said I didn't, but I did apply in september 2009. And I didn't mean to lie, but my form was filled by travel agency, I went to them so I wouldn't make any mistakes, and didn't check it after them. It also said in the letter: "You should note that because this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph 320 (7A) of the immigration rules, any future applications may also be refused under paragraph 320 (7B) of the imigration rules.. A refusal under paragraph 320 (7B) attracts an automatic refusal period of up to 10 years".
So my question is can I still appeal, or is it to late for that? What are my chances to get visa if I apply again? And is there any chances to prove that my overstaying in the UK wasn't really my fault, and that I left without passport, because they lost it? They should have this information somewhere, I think! Thank you for your time!
Yours Faithfully.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex Hughes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X'X happy to help with your question today.

When did you receive the refusal letter? Have you asked for a review?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the letter last year some time in april. I didn't ask for any review.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the letter last year some time in april. I didn't asked for any review.

Thanks for the information. You are now too late to ask for a review or appeal because the time limit has passed. Your only options are: a. Wait 10 years or b. Make a fresh application for visa. If the visa is refused you should appeal immediately. I can help you with appeal grounds if you wish.
Alex Hughes, Solicitor Advocate
Experience: Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your answer. I will apply again then, but if I won't get visa, I would need some help with appeal.

One more question, I also want to aply for USA visa, but if I get another refusal from UK, wouldn't it make harder to get US one?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your advice. I will get back to you if I will need some help with my appeal.

No problem! Good luck.

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does it make any different if I would apply for a long term visa or a short term? And again, thank you.

Do you mean for US or UK?

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I meant UK.