Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My wife is an international award-winning (Cannes Silver Lion,

My wife is an international award-winning (Cannes Silver Lion, D&AD - the most prestigious British award for advertising, and CLIO) producer. Is there a possibility she (and we, her family) could qualify for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa that would allow us to stay for the year?

Thanks for your patience.

The problem is that Tier 1 exceptional talent visas are subject to a fixed number of endorsements, a fixed number of persons can apply within a given period and the endorsements are divided between 4 competent bodies who must provide the endorsement for the application.

Please refer to the following link for confirmation:-

The difficulty is that advertising does not clearly fit the within the ambit of either of the competent bodies, it’s not an science (royal society), a humanity (british academy), or engrineering (Royal academy of engineering). I would say that the most appropriate would be the arts council of Britain. However, I have strong doubts they would consider advertising to be an art, or at least an art worth preferring over the many other would-be applicants in more traditional arts that want an endorsement.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,