UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

If an 17 year old immigrant from Eastern Europe is arrested

Customer Question

If an 17 year old immigrant from Eastern Europe is arrested in UK for drinking or similair and his parents are in Lithuania, what happens?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

The 17 year old needs an appropriate adult for the police interview or court.

That adult can be an older friend, relative or someone say from social services.

They do not have to necessarily be a parent.

They can just be an appropriate adult. I assume the child is not in the uk alone.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know,

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.