UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

my boyfriend from nigeria wants to visit me in the uk,for him

my boyfriend from nigeria wants to visit me in the uk,for him to apply for a visa would i have to send any documents-ie copys of bank statments,utiliy bills,passport or id card,and letter of invitation to visit for 2 weeks

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Yes, you would need to provide evidence that you are able to maintain your partner in the UK without the need to access any benefits. If you are sponsoring him you should send all of the above.

What I also suggest you do is submit evidence of his connect to Nigeria ie employment, studies, evidence of family life in Nigeria and any properties he owns etc to ensure that he does have a strong like to Nigeria and that he will return once his visa expires. This would the most important aspect of the application that the immigration officer will consider.

Also if you are funding his stay or he is funding his visa I suggest you and your partner both submit bank statements showing funds covering the duration of his visa. In addition you would also need to provide evidence of accommodation, ie tenancy agreement in your name confirming that you have adequate space for him to reside for the duration of his stay.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards

Kind regard