Thank you for your message. To give you a fuller picture, please let me give you the following information:
1. my entire family is of British lineage. My Mother and her family going back time immemorial are English. My Father is from Hastings, and his family are also all of English heritage and he was born in Hastings.
2. I was born in London, grew up in London, went to University in Bristol, worked in London after University for a number of years and moved to the Middle East for work about nine years ago.
3. My wife was born in Ghana however her Father (deceased) was Welsh and her mother is Ghanaian. Both her Mother and Father are British citizens with British passports.
4. My wife grew up in the UK, schooled in the UK, went to University in the UK and worked in the City of London for a number of years. My wife then moved to the Middle East about two years ago. My wife is both a British citizen and has a British passport.
5. I intend to carry on working in the Middle East for a number of years yet and so I do not intend to spend any time in the UK for the foreseeable future.
I do wish to register my child as soon as possible, and if needs be my wife shall return to the UK to give birth, this is why I need to make the decision now. My understanding is that as I had been born in the UK then my child would automomatically have citizenship. If this is not correct then my wife and I will need to think about what we do.
Please let me know if you have any further questions and thanks for your help.