Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi Me and my son 5 years old we are Tier dependent on my

Customer Question

Hi
Me and my son 5 years old we are Tier dependent on my wife, her visa is on the Tier 4 student. All of us our visa is expiring on the same day next month but only me I qualify for long residency 10 years lawful and they cannot apply as my dependent otherwise my application will be refused because they cannot meet the requirement 10 years, my wife is here only 9 years .so how can they stay legally in uk without applying with me and she cannot extend her visa as student as she has completed her MBA and she been here more than 5 years this year she will be 9 years. Which application form can she send with my son so they can keep them legal in the UK.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

What is your annual income please?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 000 per year
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I will answer at 9

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

It’s a very tricky situation.

You will apply for ILR but your wife/son will not be able to apply for a spouse visa at that time because you will obviously not have ILR until the application is determined.

Your annual income is sufficient so that once you have been grated ILR then they will be able to switch to a spouse visa. The question is what to apply for in the intervening time.

If she cannot apply to extend her student visa and cannot switch to a Tier 2 sponsored skilled work visa then the only application that she can make is a discretionary application for Further Leave To Remain.

This is an application outside the normal immigration rules. It is where you ask the UKBA to grant leave to remain where technically there is no visa category for which they are eligible. It is a very specialist application and you would need a solicitor to do it for you.

If you are successful in obtaining ILR then your wife and your son will likely eventually be able to secure leave to remain here. The discretionary application will likely take some time to determine, so it might be that you obtain ILR before it is determined so that a spouse visa application can be submitted after withdrawing the discretionary application.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,

I FORGOT TO MENTIONED BEFORE WHEN I APPLIED FOR MY LONG RESIDENCE 10 YEARS I HAVE MET ALL THE REQUIREMENT. THE ONLY ISSUE IS MY PASSPORT EXPIRED ON 12 OF JANUARY 2013 AND I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION (SET 0) ON THE 29 OF JANUARY 2013 WITH THE SAME PASSPORT BUT I STILL GOT VISA UNTIL 5 FEBRUARY 2013.

DO YOU THINK UKBA CAN REFUSE MY APPLICATION BECAUSE I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION WITHOUT A VALID PASSPORT OR THEY WILL REQUEST FOR MY NEW PASSPORT.

IF I REQUEST MY NEW PASSPORT FROM MAURITIUS HOW CAN I SEND IT TO THE UKBA.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Please rate my answer and I shall respond

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS AND TO SPONSORE MY DEPENDANT IN FUTURE ON FLR M APPLICATION FORM HOW MANY MONTH DO I NEED TO SHOW MY EARNING MY EARNING

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SORRY I AM CONFUSED DO I NEED TO SHOW ONE MONTH OR SIX MONTHS PAYSLIP BECAUSE I JUST STARTED A JOB AND I AM EARNING £24 000.

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ASK ME PAYSLIP IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS BECAUSE I WAS NOT WORKING BEFORE

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What was your annual income before you started this job?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BEFORE I WAS NOT WORKING I HAVE MY OWN COMPANY AND I AM THE DIRECTOR BUT I WAS NOT GETTING PAID FROM JANUARY 2013 MY ACCOUNTANT PUT ME ON PAY ROLL SO I CAN SHOW ONLY FOR ONE MONTH PAYSLIP AT THE MOMENT 24000 PER YEAR

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BEFORE I DID NOT GET PAID I STARTED GETTING PAID FROM JANUARY 2013

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What did your wife earn (per year) in the time that you were not being paid?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SHE IS NOT WORKING

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!