UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I forgot to give the name of my spouse.... His name is Euston

I forgot to give the name of my spouse.... His name isXXXXX and we got married on May 29th 2012.... then we came back to the US on June 18th... This application was first submitted in the UK and the follow up was submitted in the US in July.2012.. I hope this added info.. will help you to assist us better
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

I have answered your question, in your previous question.

Regarding the above:

When you got married did you get married in the UK?

Did your husband have a fiance visa when you married?

Did he apply for a spouse visa inside the UK?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we got married in the UK...... before we did, we applied for a settlement visa...... and was advised by the immigration office that we need to be married because of our ages and we do not have miner children together... this we took their advise and got married there as Euston was in England with me a that time, Our first application for settlement visa was submitted in the UK and the follow up continued here in the US when we returned to the US in June of 2012

Alice

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It just seems strange that you submitted an application and then left the UK. Usually applicants if they have submitted their application in country wait for a reply prior to leave the country.

If you have made an in country application then your appeal will also be dealt this as in country. Therefore you will need to explain to the UKBA and the Tribunal that you have since making the application left the UK and would now like this appeal and reconsideration to be dealt with out of country.

The UKBA usually does not allow applicants to submit an application for a spouse visa from inside of the UK if they have not been previously granted leave to enter the UK on a fiance visa.

I would be grateful if you could rate this answer and my previous answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply, may be I am not giving the correct information......but is it possible for you to give me an immigration lawyer that I can go see in person that is in the US and who works for the UK immigration here. I would like to know if my spouse can travel with me back to the UK now or do I have to sort this immigration problem first before he can leave here....

I will give you your rating at the end of your next response.

regards Alice

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

The issue here is that when your spouse arrives to the UK he will be granted a 6 months entry visa, if this is the case the immigration officer who is dealing with your matter at the UKBA will know that your husband has left the UK after submitting his application. Usually if this is the case and there are no compassionate circumstances surrounding you leaving the UK your application which you submitted in country will become void.

I would suggest that you complete the immigration issues from the US prior to traveling to the UK. Your other option would be to take the risk and go to the UK and contest the matter from the UK.

Regarding immigration solicitors in the US, I am not aware of any that practice in UK immigration law i am afraid that you will be better off instructing solicitors when you return to the UK. Due to the restrictions of the site I am unable to recommend firms.

I would suggest you write the reconsideration letter to the UKBA before you travel asking them to take in to reconsider their decision.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good day once more...... I would like to return to the UK with my husband in the month of April of 2013 and would like to know if it would be ok to continue the follow up of this case when I get back there in the

or do I need to see if I can get in touch with an immigration lawyer in the UK. while I am still here in the US or would it be ok for me to wait until I get back there in April.....I do not wish to reapply but to continue with follow up of the case as I have previously stated.

Thanks

Alice

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If you arrive to the uk it would be easier for you to see if you can follow up the case in the uk. It would be a lot more difficult for you to obtain advice in the us.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The answer I am looking for....is..... Would April be too late for me to continue on this or I have to start right away in following up this matter..

thanks Alice.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

You should start now April would be too late.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for this advise, you have been very helpful ....

MAY YOU CONTINUE TO BE BLESSED WITH GOOD HEALTH THROUGHOUT THIS NEW YEAR........

Alice.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Good luck with the application.

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor