Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello, I have few questions about British Naturalization

I have few questions about British Naturalization application!

1- Does claiming Social benefits e.g ( Jobseekers allowance and housing benefit) affect citizenship application. please note that I am claiming benefit while I am having ILR (have an access to public funds)

2- I have passed the life in the UK test about 14 months ago, but I still have the pass notification letter. Can I still use it? please note that I passed the test after I got my ILR, because I was not required to take the test at the time

Awaiting your respond

Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Life in the uk tests do not have an expiry date. Therefore you can use a test that you already have passed in order to apply for naturalization now.

The receipt of benefits since you obtained indefinite leave to remain does not affect your eligibility to apply for naturalization either. if you had claimed benefits before you apply for indefinite leave to remain dentist may have prevented you from obtaining indefinite leave to remain if this was a breach of the conditions of your visa.

Given that you obtained indefinite leave to remainthe receipt of benefits appears not to have been a problem for you.

subject to the other eligibility criteria and you meeting them you appear on the facts to be eligible to naturalize.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. if you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your Clear answer.

I have lost my passport in my home country after one year of being in the UK ( after my first year of my residency in the UK) I have applied for a replacement visa at British embassy and came back.
so my current passport covers the last 4 years residency not 5 years.

Q: does that mean I have to wait another year to apply for naturalization ?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

You should still be fine if you can prove that you have been here for the whole of the 5 years with other documents that you have available. Provided you can do this and also submit a statement concerning what you said to me then it's likely that you should still be able to naturalize now rather than waiting a further year.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What sort of evidence shall I submit with my application to prove my residency for that year? any recommendation?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Anything that proves you were in the united kingdom during this time. Things like tenancy agreements,correspondence, bank statements, utility bills, work payslips, anything in documentary form which proves your were here.

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much, You are a great solicitor, not because you told me what I like to hear, but because your responds professional and very clear.

Keep your good work, Good Luck and thank you again
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind note but please ensure that you rate my question

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor