Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

As you have heard from my previous I am married to a Philippino

As you have heard from my previous I am married to a Philippino woman. My Wife has lived and worked for an Employer for 4 years, and now going for her ESOL- A1 so she can stay here as my wife.
We have heard that she must return to the Philippines to await the Home Office decision on a Spouse Application for " Leave to Stay ". Even though My Wife has worked here for 4 years Will she still have to return to the Philippines to await a Decision from the Home Office or will she be allowed to stay here in my Home AS MY WIFE ?
Hi

I m afraid that I am out for the day and will not return until late this evening. I will be able to answer this first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for requesting me.b

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You for responding ... I await for your Direction tomorrow.

Please have a Good Christmas and GREAT New Year

I will answer in half an hour..
Hi

If you have submitted an application to the united kingdom border agency then your wife immigration status will continue in the same form that it was as at the date you made the application.

You have to wait until the application has been determined and you find out whether it is been approved or rejected. If your wife has been given leave to remain longer than 6 months and a visa is not a temporary visa the the united kingdom border agency will consider the application to be valid subject to the other eligibility criteria.

If your wife's visa status is not a temporary 1 and was granted for a. Longer than 6 months then they will not require her to return to her home country to make an application. I presume that because your wife has been in do u k for 4 years that herbies there is not a temporary 1 and at the u k p a will consider your application and not require her to return to her home country.

If this is useful please kindly rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

"FAO Tom Only"

If you can give me any more Information regarding my question I would be most grateful ... As we have only been married since 14th September 2012 and I do not wish for her to HAVE to return to the Philippines.

My Wife is working here at the moment, on a "Sponsored Working Visa" which runs out in April. We are hoping to submit a "Spouse Visa" application by the end of February 2013 followed by "Citizenship" in about another 3 years (if allowed) - ( I am London - British Born - 1949, and my wife - Philippines - born 1962). So ... As I said .. I would be grateful for any information your willing to give me... Thank You in advance

Hi

How long was your wife's most recent leave to remain granted for?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom,

My Wives "Working Visa" runs out on the 25th April 2013 ( 1 Year )

Hi

Yes, but when was it granted from please?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Visa application was sent to Home Office on 14th March 2012 and received it back on 27th April 2012 ... It runs out on the 25th April 2013

Hi

I am on my phone now,out of the house and will have to answer tomorrow morning.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will await your reply in morning .... Thank You

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

T. Graham12

Hi Tom, Thank You for your Help with my wives Immigration problem. You was going to get back to me with some more information for my wife ... with the festive break I think you might have forgotten ... Please respond

Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX New Year

You will note the requirements here for an in country application:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

The length of leave to remain she has received is above 6 months and she does not appear to be caught by any of the other categories and so I would say that she could apply from within the UK.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

" F A O- Tom only "

Thank You again for your help and the Link to gov. page.

Will get on to it Straight away

Again ..

Happy New Year

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX