Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, How is the spouse visa paid for via an online application? is

Hi, How is the spouse visa paid for via an online application?
is it paid for online or at the Embassy?
It is about £900 sterling so it is expected to be paid directly at the offices?

Can you also explain the exact Process : of submitting all the paperwork to getting an interview and what will be involved?
I hear a TB medical is also needed? What else will be required etc?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

If you are applying Egypt then you will see from clicking ‘Should you apply online or complete an application form on paper?’ on More Information on the following link that you should apply online becauses Egypt is listed as one of those countries requiring an online application:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

The application fee should be paid upon submitting the application online. Once the application has been submitted you must then make an appointment with the embassy to submit your documents that support your application and give your biometrics (ie. photo etc)

Details here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/egypt/applying/?langname=UK%20English

Once the application has been submitted online and you have submitted your appropriate documentation at the embassy based on the guidance notes and your own personal circumstances the UKBA will then consider the application.

If there are any elements of your application which require clarification then you will be invited for an interview. If the application is straight forward then they may simply approve your applicaiotn without interview.

I have to go out now for a couple of hours. If you have any questions I wll answer upon my return.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that info.

Yes i also need to go out for a while as well.

It is not clear at all on the UKBA site about paying methods...!! So it is expected that such a large sum of money is paid via a visa card

etc online?

Does it matter who actually pays for this online?

There is an English Test to do, a medical for TB and the Biometrics. anything else? When do the biometrics need doing...just at the time of submitting the documentation?

Can you tell me more about this TB medical? Is it something that has to be done at an Approved place (where?) and also translated in English etc (he already has a medical which was required in Egypt in arabic - not sure if this shows this test or not though.)

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

The visa application fee should be paid when you submit your application online, usually by visa debit.

You will have to contact the embassy need you and ask for when to refer youto approved medical centres that can carry out your medical.

The medical centre will be able to translate the test into english.

You should ensure that it is you who pays for visa application fee.

The boimetrics is simply that I take a photo and your fingerprints in order to identify you and marry it up with your application.

Please kindly rate my answer, if you do not I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question

Kind regards

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why should i ensure it is me that pays online?

Please explain When the Biometrics takes place? is it needed to be done before application or at the ame time as when the supporting documents are submitted at uk embassy?

...am not really following your written English in your response very well...?!

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Sorry I am still out and try to answer on my phone so I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

It should be you submit the application fee so that the u k c a do not raise an enquiry about the identity of who is paying the fee if someone else does in fact actually pay it. Its just easieTr

The biometrics are taken when you go for your appointment which you will arrange after you have submitted your application.

Please rate my answer..

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor