Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi, I am on PSW visa now which expires on september 2013. My

Hi, I am on PSW visa now which expires on september 2013. My girl friend's PSW expired a week ago and she went back to India a week ago. We have been living together in the UK for 3 years. Can she apply for a living together visa from India.

Regards
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid not. The reason is because you are not married. There is no provision in PBS dependent application which recognises unmarried partners. This means that despite the fact that you have been together for a long time and living together for three years she is not regarded as you family member for the purpose of a dependent application.

Were you to marry then she could apply as a dependent but if you are not then she would have to apply indepdently of your (eg. For a work visa, usually Tier 2).

I am sorry I could not have better news for you.

.Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FAO TOM

Thank you. If she is married to me how much funds is she supposed to show and how much funds am i supposed to maintain. what are the required documents for the visa application.

Regards

You are to remain in compliance in terms of maintenance that you already have.

If married, she would have to have the maintenance outlined on the following UKBA webpage on maintanance which is self-explanatory:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/poststudy/dependantapplications/assessmentoffunds/

The documents that she is required to show are very similar to those that you are, although she will have to prove the marriage by submitting the marriage certificate as well.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FAO TOM

I AM MAINTAINING FUNDS FROM PAST THREE MONTHS AND CAN I GET MARRIED NEXT MONTH AND MAKE HER APPLY FOR A DEPENDANT VISA.

REGARDS

AVYAKTH GONE

There is nothing preventing you marrying.

She can apply thereafter if she wishes.

Kind regards

Tom