Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

A friend of mine got married to EEAU2,the husband followed

A friend of mine got married to EEAU2,the husband followed the wife to her home town for marriage rite,later came back and the wife now applied for permanent resident,,,is she going to b given resident permit

Where is she please?

What nationality is her husband?

Has her husband returned to the UK?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is in uk,,from finland,,yes

Ok. The wife is a citizen of Finland. She is in the UK.

Is the above correct?

What nationality is the husband?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the wife is a nigerian,,the husband is from finland,,,,they both lives in uk

Right.

Is the wife legally in the UK?

Who has applied - the wife or husband?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the wife is not,,the wife

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

She should have applied for a Residence Card. Permanent Residence is for people here under EEA rules who have remained legally here for a continuous period of 5 years.

You will see from the following link how to apply for a Residence Card by form EEA2, if this s what she has applied for then she has made the correct application:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/documents-family/applying/

If she has done this and is able to prove their identity then she should be okay. However, if she is not here legally then it is possible that they may reject her application and force you to appeal.

If they do this then they will have to argue that they otherwise meet the eligibility requirements but that it would be unreasonable and disproportionate to expect her to return to her home country only to make the application from there and be approved only a few weeks later. They would probably be successful on this point.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom