INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Dear Sir or Madam My name isXXXXX and I was granted

Dear Sir or Madam
My name isXXXXX and I was granted a valid Tier 2 visa on 5th of April of 2011, however I only entered UK on the 12th of April 2011. I heard there is a chance in the immigration policy that visas granted before the 6th of April would give the possibility to have permanent stay in the UK. Am I eligible to remain in the UK permanently basid on the valid date of my visa or based on the date I entered UK?
Thank you so much!

With my best regards

Karla Gouvea

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi karla, you can only remain in the UK permanently if you have subsequently obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. If you still have a tier 2, you will not br able to temain permanentle before obtaining ILR.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Kind regards,

Customer:

What i have heard is that I do not get a citizenship but i could get permanent extension to remain in UK.

Customer:

what would be ILR

Customer:

Sorry for rating as a poor service, however, I asked one thing and I do not believe I got a proper answer. As far as I was informed by my company this is a new change in the imigration law. Before I could indefinitely extend every two years my tier 2 visa as long as I had my contract with the company. I heard that now UK granted people with VISA before the 6th of April 2011 with ViSa valid on a permanent basis however, my doubt is: what date is the valid one? the valid date of the visa or the date I entered UK? THanks and regards, Karla

INC :

Hi, the valild date of the visa is the date that it was issued.

INC :

With regard to the date you entered, when you look atthe residential qualifying period, this will begin from the date you entered the UK.