INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Good MorningI am planning to apply for a Tier 1 Enterpreneur

Good Morning I am planning to apply for a Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa (£200.000, 8/9 IELTS test grade, enough funds for maintanance). I have been invited to invest in a franchise that deals with Homes of Multiple Occupancy Management

Investments in properties are made through commercial property loans.

Q: Would this investment be considered as a "Property Management" case, which implies that it woould not be eligible for the Tier 1 enterpreneur visa ? Thanks in advance for your reply

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 3 years ago.

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Hi, thank you for your question.

Based on the information you have provided, I am of the opinion that this would be deemed as a property management business and therefore would not be eligible under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur rules.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Inc !

Please, one last question.

In the case I find an eligible business, I also have to prove my english knowledge.

I obtained an overall 8 grade on IELTS (8,5 listening, 8 reading, 8 speaking and 7,5 writing).

Required passing grade for immigration purposes is 7.

IELTS test are valid for 2 years and my test was taken on Sept. 2010.

Q: Do you know if immigration officers could make an exception on my test validity date considering that I obtained good enough grades and that I am a 46 years Old MBA + Electric Engineer applying for an Enterpreneur Visa ?
Expert:  INC replied 3 years ago.

Any documents you submit with the application must be valid. If you have completed a degree subject in the uk, your yranscripts and certificates should be sufficient.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks