Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i have applied for asylum,

Customer Question

i have applied for asylum, attended the intial interview and was not granted any status, made two appleals against the decision but still not succesful i what to know what legal advice you can give or what information would you need to represent my case
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Did you appear before an immigration judge? And you appealed to the Board of Immigration Appeals? And then you appealed to the federal courts? Why have they always denied you?
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello. In order to try to help you, I would need you to respond. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have appeared before an immigration jugde and made an application to appeal to the First-Tier Tribunal and my appeal was refused though in that letter i coluld appeal to the Upper Tribunal for permission on a point of law arising from the Firt- tier Tribunal's decision.

the main reason cited was that of credibility and also that i did not meet the requirements of Article 8 of the ECHR and that it has been concluded that i was not at risk of persecution upon return to Zimbabwe, however on all the appeal decisions the same conclusion has been upheld by the judge though in September 2010 i was granted permission to work.

in conculsion i have all the paper work that was submitted by the lawyers who represented me in my asylum application and appeals and if need be thee can be available for you to review, thanking you for your co-operation

Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Did you apply for Asylum in the U.S. or at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate or in the UK or one of their embassies or consulates?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my claim for aylum is here in the UK

Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then I will Opt Out and transfer your question to our UK forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy