INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi I am aJordanian citizan living now in UK under spouse visa

Hi
I am aJordanian citizan living now in UK under spouse visa I am eligable to apply for parmenant residency by the end of next June, I have two questions related one is about the english requirment for applying for parmenant residency as I was exempted when I apply for the visa before because my studying in university was all in english..but i couldnt understand I am exempted now or not?? and what is the requirment?
the other is how many months its allowed for me to go outside uk?
thank u

maha
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, yes you are still exempt if you can provide evidence that you have completed a degree level course in English.

INC :

For this, you will need to show your degree and other educational certificates.

INC :

With regard to the numbers of day outside the UK, in which period are you referring? The two year period?

Customer:

They gave me a visa for two years and by the end of next June I will finish them..during the first year i didnt go outside at all but in the second year until now I went out for 6 weeks..

INC :

Hi, you are not allowed to spend more than 270 days outside the UK. As you have only spent 6 weeks, you should not have any problems.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer:

can I ask another question for the same issue? is my husband allows to go outside uk or he has to stay with me all the period..(I am living with my hasband and two children and all have British passport)..

INC :

Hi, your husband is allowed to travel outside of the UK.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

INC :

Kind regards,

Customer:

I discovered yesterday that they change the rule of settelment in UK on 2012 so the one has to spend 5 years to have permanent residency..I have entered UK on 2011 and my visa is for two years, i am still can have it (permanent residency) after 2 years or its 5 years??

Customer:

regarding my husband he can go and live outside UK?? while we r in UK..

INC :

Hi, you will still be eligible for ILR after 2 years. The new rules are for all applications made after 9th July 2012.

INC :

He can travel outside of the UK, but living outside of the UK for long periods will, other than for the purposes of work, will raise questions about whether your relationship is still subsiting

INC :

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, lease feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Kind regards,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)