INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have an indian passport but am a resident of the UK and have

I have an indian passport but am a resident of the UK and have been for 37years. I have a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode in my old expired passport and was advised that if i traveled with both the old passport with the stamp and the new passport i would be fine. I have traveled to India and have now been refused the right to board a plane back to the UK as they state that the stamp needs to be present in the current passport. No one here is willing to help us and the British embassy won't even see us unless they get advised to do so. What do i do to get the stamp transferred immediately so that i can return home?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

This sounds odd as generally they would allow you to board.

You will need to make an application to transfer the entitlement to your new passport by making an application for a Transfer of Conditions (TOC). The application will need to be submitted in the closest UK High Commission to you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long will this process take? I was meant to fly back yesterday and since was advised that the British High Commission could transfer the stamp immediately and so rebooked my flight for tomorrow. If I make the application now how long does it generally take to come through? Is there nowhere here that would stamp it for me straight away with a fee?

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

Application times vary from diplomatic post to post.

They should be able to do it fairly swiftly. However, if you have already booked your flight, I would suggest you book a personal appointment and request that it be done asap.

Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Are you sure its a transfer of conditions (TOC) as the visa people here said i need to reapply for a COE (Certificate of entitlement). I have been misguided from here several times and wasted 2 days. Please provide me with the most quick and efficient way to solve this problem so that i can return home asap. thanks

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

You already have a certificate of entitlement and it needs to be transferred to a new passport or travel document. This is known as a TOC. To do this, you have to apply to the high commission

I hope this helps. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)