INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My wife has a Spouse/CP visa for the UK. I am a UK citizen.

My wife has a Spouse/CP visa for the UK. I am a UK citizen. We both live in Oz. The visa ends in Nov 2013.
We will enter the UK in June 2013.
She needs to get another visa before that one ends, when we are in the UK.
The Oz helpline could not advise which visa my wife needs to apply for because the rules changed recently.
There is no phone number for UK direct help that I can find.
We can simply wait until we get there I suppose.
Unless someone knows on this forum?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Hi once you are both in the UK and before the expiry of her existing visa, your wife will need to apply for an extension of her spouse visa using Form FLR (M) from within the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

the UK Visa web site states the FLR(M) form is in order to "remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person"

It is not to extend the visa.

I know it cannot be extended.

KK

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

If you are already in the UK on a Spouse Visa and you do not meet the requirements of ILR, the only way you can proceed is to extend the Visa using Form FLR (M). Form FLR (M) is an application for further leave to remain. This would mean that the existing visa, provided the application is submitted before the expiry of the visa, would be extended for a period allowing the applicant to then meet the requirements of ILR.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for more info.

This system is odd. You have been paid $75?

Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks