INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hello, I was reading about the british nationality act 1981,

I was reading about the british nationality act 1981, it says that if you are a BNO holder, you can apply for a british passport after staying in UK for 5 years, my BNO is expired 2002, I am currently holding a Hong Kong passport so I was thinking if I renew my BNO now because it is for life. Then can I still apply for a british passport because I am in UK for nearly 6 years. I was in UK for 6 years but I was holding a HK passport at that time. I am still in UK and I am thinking should I renew my BNO now and apply for a British passport.

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, have you been continuously resident in the UK for almost 6 years?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I resident in the Uk for 6 years continuously but I do not have my BNO at the moment because it is expired. But I can renew it now but I do not know can I still apply for a british passport after I get my new BNO passport

INC :

Hi, based on the limited information you have provided, I am of the opinion that yes you will be able to apply for British Nationality once you have renewed.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Kind regards,