INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi guys, Need some expert advice for my brother please. 1)

Customer Question

Hi guys,

Need some expert advice for my brother please.

1) We need to know some possibility to make an in-country enterprenuer application which has become slightly complicated.

Basically, my brother made a team enterprenuer application back in May 2012 when he had valid tier 4 student visa. He had and still has £125k+ in his uk account while the other team-member had and still has £75K+ in uk account. Unfortunately, the applications was refused because of a minor mistake where they didnt write clearly in the letter that they r making there funds available to each other. They signed a joint declaration that they are forming enterprenuer team and have 200k+ available to invest etc but they didnt write specifically that they are making available their respective funds available to each other thinking thats pretty obvious and clear. Their Oisc representative didnt do a good job basically. Anyways, the fact of the matter is that both applications were refused unfortunately. My brother was given right to appeal as his visa expired and the appeal process is ongoing.

With the proposed changes in place we want to make a fresh in-country application. We have had legal advice from solicitors with a divided view point.

One set says no chance of an In-country application as he doesnt have valid leave and thats it is said confidently.

The other set of solicitors confidently say that it can be definitely done as his valid leave as a student continues under section 3c. The procedure would be that you send a fax to withdraw the appeal and then post out your fresh application on the sameday with proof of fax transmission attached that the appeal has been withdrawn. The technical point being that when you send the fax e.g at 10am, you are legal until Midnight as you cant become illegal mid way through a day while the new application is also valid as no pending appeal and at the time of postage you have valid leave under scetion 3C. They are very confident as they have done this many times inpractice. Where this makes sense to us we are not too sure if this is correct in our case as the other cases werent enterprenuer cases in which there is a specific requirement to have valid leave at time of application so there may not be any issue with the other cases but could be in our case.

If any of you could advise on this please to help us decide. We would like to make in-country application and keeping out of country as last option.

2)Are Tier 4 students legally allowed to purchase shares in big FTSE Companies like Tesco etc as per the tier 4 immigration rules? If yes, can this investment be used as part of their £200K (pre) investment towards a Tier 1 Enterprenuer application?

We have £200K+ available and the idea is to invest it before the initial application in an allowed investment for students such that it becomes easier at the time of extension if you know what I mean.

Your expert advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please clarify a bit our options? Do you mean to say that we should make the application then pull out afterwards or some other option?

Basically, what do we do or what can we do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

My colleague appears to be away. Do you still require assistance with this?

Many thanks